Tags (Top 20)
Blogs have been "tagged" with keywords:
- AAC (85)
- iPad (49)
- dyslexia (46)
- Books for All (45)
- communication aid (36)
- Literacy (29)
- accessible formats (27)
- visual impairment (27)
- accessibility (25)
- text_to_speech (23)
- Apps (22)
- symbols (19)
- print disability (18)
- additional_support_needs (17)
- software (16)
- text-to-speech (16)
- additional support needs (16)
- digital exams (15)
- assistive_technology (14)
- assistive technology (13)
By Allan Wilson on Friday 11th June, 2010 at 10:05am
It's not too late to book a place at one of next week's free ICT and Inclusion days, run in conjunction with the JISC Resource Centres, though we may not be able to guarantee lunch if you book very late:
- Tuesday 15th June - Invercarse Hotel, 371 Perth Road, Dundee DD2 1PG.
- Wednesday 16th June - CALL Scotland, Moray House School of Education, Paterson's Land, Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AQ.
- Thursday 17th June - The Bruce Hotel, 35 Cornwall Street, East Kilbride G74 1AF.
The Exhibition, featuring many of the UK's leading suppliers of assistive technology and software for pupils and students with additional support needs runs from 9 am until 4pm each day and is accompanied by a series of presentations. Timetables can now be downloaded from the ICT and Inclusion web site, where you can also register to attend.
There have been some late additions to the list of suppliers and organisations that will be attending:
- Ink Learning are joining the exhibition in Dundee. They will be demonstrating their Primary Steps Maths and Primary Steps Phonics programs that can be enjoyed using a dance mat. Great fun, educational and good exercise!
- Ability World and Steljes will be coming to Edinburgh and East Kilbride. Ability World will be bringing their innovative, Uni-tech system and Voice Ink software, which enables you to 'print' spoken words and sounds onto your teaching resources and communication boards. Steljes will be demonstrating their latest Smart Table, which brings a revolutionary approach to group learning, and other products.
- Pass IT On / U Can Do IT and the Scottish Sensory Centre will be providing information about their work in the Edinburgh exhibition. Pass IT On provide access to computers for people with disabilities in partnership with U Can Do IT, who provide training. The Scottish Sensory Centre provide training and support for teachers of pupils with visual or hearing impairments.