Developing Teachers in a Post PC Era
An opportunity for senior educational leaders to consider the requirements of preparing and developing teachers for the challenges and opportunities presented by the post PC classroom. The increasing presence of mobile technologies such as the iPad in our schools requires a new strategy in teacher development to realise the full potential of these new technologies. These technologies have the potential to support and meet the needs of learners across a full spectrum of abilities while transforming pedagogy and the whole learning and teaching process.
Keynote presentation from Professor Steve Molyneux as well as presentations from Scottish Educators.
This event was organised by CALL Scotland and Apple UK.
- Steve Molyneux (iPad Academy CEO)
Professor Molyneux is a well known and respected independent consultant in the use of learning technologies to support education and training both across the UK and internationally.
Steve Molyneux's presentation from the day.
- Gillian Penny (Apple Education)
Gillian recently left her role as Head Teacher of Gavinburn Primary School to join the Apple Education Team. A teacher of 23 years experience, she has a wealth of knowledge of Scottish education and an deep understanding of how to embedding technology in the classroom to transform learning.
- Paul Nisbet (Joint Coordinator, CALL Scotland, The University of Edinburgh)
CALL Scotland researches, develops and promotes the use of technology for pupils with additional support needs, and provides training and support for education staff and families. This presentation focuses on the potential of mobile devices to empower pupils with communication difficulties, including those with reading and writing difficulties, while recognising the challenges arising from these technologies.
Paul Nisbet's presentation from the day.
- Jenni Robertson (ICT Development Officer, City of Edinburgh Council)
Currently seconded to the City of Edinburgh Council as an ICT Development Officer with the Digital Learning Team. As part of the team Jenni supports the embedding of technology to enhance learning and teaching throughout the curriculum, across all sectors and subject areas.
- Cost: FREE
- Date: March 22nd 2013
- Time: 10.00am to 1.15pm (registration from 9.00am)
- Address: St Cecilia's Hall, The University of Edinburgh, Niddry Street, Cowgate, Edinburgh EH1 1NQ
- Location map
- 9.00: Registration and coffee
- 10.00: Introduction and Welcome: Andy Nagle, Apple UK
- 10.15: Jenni Robertson, City of Edinburgh Council
- 10.45: Paul Nisbet, CALL Scotland, University of Edinburgh
- 11.15: Coffee
- 11.30: Gillian Penny, Apple UK
- 12.00: Professor Steve Molyneux (keynote)
- 13.00: Plenary
- 13.15: Finish