iPads for Communication Access Literacy and Learning
- Author: Craig Mill and the CALL Team
- Published: 2012
- File Type and Size: PDF,8.4Mb
Mobile devices such iPads, iPods and iPhones have taken the world by storm and are increasingly used in teaching and learning, and/or in therapy, to support learners with additional support needs, as well as for personal use. We are aware that people are all at different levels of experience in their use of iPads. We hope this Guide will provide you with helpful information and resources to help you on your way.
The book includes chapters on:
- Getting to grips with the iPad
- Apps to support teaching & learning
- Accessibility Options
- iPad Accessories
- iPad Resources
- iPad in Assessments and Exams
- Managing & Implementing the iPad
- Glossary of Terms
- iPad Management using iTunes: some useful tips.
The Guide aims to support readers who are not necessarily technical specialists and who want to use the iPad with children or adults with additional support needs, special educational needs or disability.