Assistive Technology Advisor
I’m the Assistive technology advisor at CALL. My day-to-day activities include:
- Assessment and support of pupils with ASN,
- Delivery of webinars, workshops and general training to support professional learning,
- Writing and updating content for the CALL website,
- Developing resources such as inforgraphs and informative posters.
I’m probably best known for developing free and open software tools such as AccessApps and MyStudybar. I am passionate about assistive technology and do my best to keep abreast of new technology developments such as tablets and apps - always exploring how they can help pupils with ASN to overcome barriers to learning.
I'm currently working on...
- Developing an accredited professional learning programme for assistive technology along with Shirley and Paul.
- Investigating and developing online methods of delivering remote or distance workshops.
- Exploring the many built-in accessibility features and tools of iPads, Androids and other devices.
What I do when I'm not working in CALL
- I enjoy running and generally keeping myself fit.
- Teaching myself to play the piano and learning to sight read music.
- Polish my Vespa Scooter!