Saturday 16th April 2016, 11am - 4pm
Location: CALL Scotland, Holyrood Road, Edinburgh (More detailed directions to venue)
Run by specialist staff (CALL, FAACT, KEYCOMM, SCTCI, TASSCC and others) and funded by Augmentative Communication in Practice: Scotland, this is a chance for families of children with additional support needs to try out and learn about software, hardware, and specialised communication technologies. If you are a professional you are welcome to come along with a family you work with.
The day is FREE, but please book a place in advance, and tell us the ages of the children you are bringing.
Any special arrangements your family may require? Call on 0131 651 6236 in advance of the day.
The day will include:
- chat with experienced staff about technology and software,
- 'hands on' time with computers and toys,
- Smart Wheelchair rides,
- prizes and more!
Parking is limited but you're able drop off passengers in front of Moray House on Holyrood Road. There are the following parking spaces available:
- 12 spaces (2 suitable for 'long wheel base') on St John's Road for Blue Badge holders only;
- 3 spaces on Holyrood Road (across from the church) for Blue Badge holders only;
- 10 spaces for staff (not suitable for vans) at the side of Paterson's Land (building) on St John Street;
- There is pedestrian access (via gate) on St John's Street.
- There is also an NCP car park at the bottom of St John's Hill (£6.30 for the day).
Drop off points
- Holyrood Road: a bay big enough for 3 cars in front of the Paterson's Land building.
- St John's Road: a small turning circle in front of the pedestrian gate.