Sorry, this event has been cancelled.
Tuesday, 17th January 2017, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Many students require additional support in the classroom to achieve their full potential. The use of technology is vitally important for many struggling learners and therefore every teacher should be aware of what hardware, software, apps and peripheral devices are available to ensure that we are Getting It Right For Every Child.
- How do you identify what support is required and how do you best implement it?
- Do you know what pathways of support exist in your authority?
- Do you know what assistive hardware and software/apps could help your students?
- Do you know how to embed the use of ICT in your classroom to support your students?
What will be covered?
- Legal requirements and obligations under the Equality and ASL Acts
- Pathways of support for students with additional support needs, disabilities, communication difficulties
- Where to go for advice and support regarding assessing a student
- How to carry out an in house ICT assessment of a student with additional support needs, disabilities or communication difficulties
- The SETT assessment framework
- Practical strategies to support students with writing and reading difficulties
- Using technology to support all students
- Using Glow, Google Classroom and other cloud storage solutions to enable students to easily access work at home as well as at school
Who is the seminar for?
- Teachers, learning assistants, support for learning staff
- anyone who works with students with additional support needs, disabilities or communication difficulties either in a mainstream or special needs base / school.
- Head teachers, senior management team, guidance staff
- anyone with responsibility for a student's IEP, CSP or Child's Plan
About the day
The seminar starts at 9:30am and finishes at 12:30pm.
Registration is from 9.00am.
- Tea, coffee and water will be available throughout the afternoon;
- Selection of biscuits will be available;