Many learners with dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and writing difficulties find it hard to lay out arithmetic and mathematics problems neatly in order to help solve problems. There are a number of iPad apps available to help with this. This webinar will look at a few of these apps:
- ModMath is a useful app for carrying out arithmetic tasks, showing working, ranging from simple addition and subtraction up to long division and fractions. Version 2, released in December 2015 adds facilities for working with algebra.
- Panther Math Paper can be used for arithmetic in the same way as ModMath, but can also be used for solving algebraic formulae (showing the working), working with shapes and basic calculus. It is available in Lite and 'full' versions.
- MathBoard is a suite of apps available separately as a bundle, or in various packages. 'Addition' is available as a free demo, while others cover basic arithmetic functions and fractions. The 'Challenge' app provides opportunities for practice.
About the webinar
- The webinar is from 16:00-16:30 (GMT);
- The workshop part lasts about 20 minutes;
- There will be 5-10 minutes after this for questions and answers.
Presenter(s)Allan Wilson, CALL Scotland
A video archive of the webinar will be available via the webinar page a couple of days after the actual event.
Preparing for the Webinar
To try and ensure the webinar goes as smoothly as possible for you on the day, we've created a very simple 4 point preparation list that you may wish to follow.