You can make excellent use of your Pupil Equity Fund money by carefully investing in technology (and associated training) to support pupils with Additional Support Needs.
CALL Scotland can help you create and implement interventions that harness inclusive digital technologies to raise attainment.
Contact email@example.com to discuss how we can best support you and your students or to ask about Professional Learning to upskill in the use of technology.
Inclusive Digital Technology - primary schools
- Implementing inclusive digital learning; 'dyslexia friendly' technology; early intervention; iPad and Chromebook technologies;
- Assistive Technologies for learners with dyslexia or learners with ASD.
Inclusive Digital Technology - secondary schools
- Implementing inclusive digital learning; 'dyslexia friendly' technology; use of technology in SQA examinations and assessments;
- iPad and Chromebook technologies; Assistive Technologies for learners with dyslexia or learners with ASD.
Inclusive Digital Technology - special schools and units
- Implementing inclusive digital learning;
- Communication and Assistive Technologies for learners with learning difficulties or learners with communication support needs.
Scottish Attainment Challenge: Learning and Teaching Toolkit
These programmes are based on the considerations about Digital Technology in the Scottish Attainment Challenge: Learning and Teaching Toolkit:
- Effective use of technology is driven by learning and teaching goals rather than a specific technology: technology is not an end in itself.
- Are you clear about how you expect the introduction of technology to improve learning? New technology does not automatically lead to increased attainment.
- Technology should support pupils to work harder, for longer or more efficiently to improve their learning.
- Motivation to use technology does not always translate into more effective learning, particularly if the use of the technology and the learning outcomes are not closely aligned.
- Teachers need support and time to learn to use new technology effectively. This involves more than just learning how to use the technology; it should include support to understand how it can be used for learning.